- Window or auto glass, drinking glasses, mirrors, light bulbs, ceramic, porcelain, microwave trays, glass cookware/bake ware.
- Un-numbered plastic items
- Plastic bags
- Salad/deli containers
- Plastic food tubs
- Household items such as cooking pots, toasters, etc.
- Cardboard/paper with wax coating or liners
- Scrap metal and siding
Branches and tree limbs are not to exceed 3" in diameter and 4' in length feet in length and are to be bundled and secured by rope or twine and not to exceed 50 pounds. All other Woody Waste shall be placed in Kraft bags or biodegradable bags. Kraft bag are available either through your municipality or at various retailers such as home improvement or garden centers.
Unacceptable Woody Waste Items
- Grass clippings
- Tree branches larger than 3 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length.
- Woody Waste should placed in plastic bags.
York Waste Disposal actively participates with York Township and Dover Township in their Community Awareness Programs. Collection vehicles are on display during Community Awareness Day and residents are encouraged to look, touch and ask questions.
York Waste Disposal has partnered with several schools throughout our service area to introduce Garbage Gus. Garbage Gus is our interactive garbage truck character who helps educate children from grades K-6 to better understand safety and awareness. York Waste Disposal is committed to safety, and Garbage Gus helps to teach children how to safety be around our collection vehicles, while servicing their neighbors.
Disposal policy effective Monday, April 1, 2013: There is a 1 ton minimum on disposal. The charge was initiated by disposal sites who charge a 1 ton minimum.
Portal toilet service is now available.